Monday, October 13, 2008

The Marathon

I have been meaning to post some pictures of me running the Top of Utah Marathon in September. I guess that is the only proof that I have that I actually ran it. It is such a pretty run (if you can pay attention to it while you feel like your legs are going to fall off from running so long).

The course actually goes right by my house, which is why I decided to starting running the marathon. This year is the second year that I have run it. I didn't do quite as well this year as last year, but I still finished the race with a somewhat respectable time.

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures:


So, you can hardly see me. I am wearing red shorts and a white shirt (and running really slow, although you can't tell that from the picture).


Here I am giving my sweet children a kiss at about mile 18. My mother, Cherie is also there to help cheer me on. Of course, Zac is there, too. He is the one who is taking the picture. He is such a good husband. I make him run the last 3.25 miles with me. It really helps having someone to talk with at the end of the race.

Sorry to go on and on about the marathon, but I have to include one more thing. I want to just challenge anyone who has ever thought about running a marathon to actually give it a try. I cannot describe the amazing feeling you get when the finish line is in view and the long months of running and training flash through your mind and you muster up as much strength as you can to run as fast as you can to get to that finish line. It is just such an amazing feeling.

The finish line is very close to my house. Actually, it is still painted on the road by a park that the kids and I frequent. Every time I see that finish line I remember the joy I felt and the pride I felt of finishing one of the hardest things, physically, that I have ever done.

Okay, so that is enough about the marathon. Oh, for you all that know me from highschool, I saw Ryan Sessions at the starting line. He was running the marathon, also. It was so great to see a familiar face right before the race started.

Okay, I promise, just one more thing. If you want proof that I passed the finish line, you can go to customeventphotography.com put in the passwork tou and then look up my picture by imputting 2288 as my bib number.

3 comments:

sara said...

way to go heidi! that's so cool you did it!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

You are amazing! I wish I could have ran with you!

Rebecca said...

that is amazing. I don't know if I could ever run a marathon. way to go.