Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I have not blogged in such a long time. I think the reason is that I have been facebooking. What fun it is, but how time consuming it can get. I hardly think I have enough time to do the things that I need to as it is. Now I am getting a new hobby.

Over the weekend, Jack and Piper were able to play in the leaves at Grammy's house, so I wanted to post some pictures of them. I have to say that I am so grateful that we decided to have Jack and Piper close. They have become good friends. Yes, they still fight, but they definitely love each other. Jack misses Piper when she naps (on the many days that he doesn't nap). The first thing that Piper says when she gets up in the morning is "Gack" which is her way of saying Jack.

What a ride it is to be a mom and wife. Sometimes I feel like I have lost my individuality, but I know that somewhere hidden in the moments of life I get to express my own feelings through my children and through other friendships that I have. There is a time and a season for all things. I will get a chance to express myself more when my children are grown and I miss them horribly because they have all moved on with their lives.

Anyway, on with the pictures:

We both say that Piper is the perfect witch.



What fun autumn brings!

4 comments:

sara said...

heidi these are such cute pictures of them in the leaves and of piper in the car! adorable! i know what you mean sometimes about feeling like you lose yourself, but you are such a great mom! you're always so devoted to your kids (and even all the cousins while we just sit there sometimes! we're sure thankful for what you do!) you can tell how much they love you!

Cherie said...

Heidi,

It is hard sometimes when you feel like you have no time for yourself, but seeing how happy and fulfilled your kids are must bring satisfaction to you. It is hard to balance it all out, but you are doing such a fabulous job with handling it all. and yes, your kids will get older, and then you will wish they hadn't grown up so fast. It is always a cycle, so ride it out and have fun.

Becca Jo said...

Heidi! How are you. I saw your link on the Mckinnons blog. I didn't know you had 2 kids now. They are so cute. Jack is so old. He was one the last time I saw him. I'm going to read the rest of your blog to catch up on you guys.

Sarah said...

Heidi- I just found your blog, the kids look so cute. -Sarah Squire